Sunday, November 8, 2015

Natural Remedies for Morning Sickness

No comments
For you fellow preggy mamas, here are some of the natural remedies that have helped me the most these past weeks:

1. Bentonite Clay

this probably was my best "remedy", as it definitely helped the most. Boy, could I tell if I missed a day! I purchased Bentonite Clay, which is a powder, from The Bulk Herb Store very inexpensively. I took a scant teaspoon with juice every morning before breakfast, followed by 2 capsules of physllium and a glass of water. The physllium isn't required, but it helps push the Bentonite Clay through the system without it getting "stuck in your gut". :-) Bentonite Clay is very effective during pregnancy because it acts as a "cleanse" and absorbss toxins from the body; I've read that toxins can actually cause severe morning sickness! :-P

2. Mama's Red Raspberry Brew

I bought this tasty tea from The Bulk Herb Store, as well. It is loaded with iron and vitmin C, as well as calming herbs such as peppermint and alfalfa. I enjoyed it both hot and iced.

3. Slippery Elm

I discovered this helpful herb while attempting to cure our family of a stomach bug recently. It is very soothing to the digestive track- it even cleared our little one of a diaper rash that I had been battling for a week or more!! I took 2 capsules twice daily with a meal.

4. Digestive Enzymes

I took one before each meal to help relieve indigestion and heart burn.

5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey

The BEST cure I found for heart burn was apple cider vinegar and honey taken in warm water. I know, it sounds gross. But when you're pregnant, miserible, and desperate you will try anything! I took 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 3 tsp honey in about 1/3 C warm water. As long as you mix in enough honey, the vinegar taste isn't distinct and the drink is just tangy. This concoction cured my heart burn in about 20 minutes each time I took it!!

6. Chewing Peppermint Gum

Some other things that helped were chewing peppermint gum or sucking peppermint candy, sipping Sprite or Chloraphyll water throughout the day, snacking regularly (on healthy foods, such as wheat crackers and cheese), and getting plenty of fresh air and exercise (cool air, especially in the morning, is so refreshing when you're queasy!). Ginger and licorice are supposed to be very helpful, as well, although I have not tried them personally.

The truth is, there is no magic cure for morning sickness... but I'm sure glad I found a few things that helped!!

No comments :

Post a Comment